Introducing the new automatic film coater MEMCAST™ is ideal for the synthesis of flat sheet polymeric membranes by coating a thin film of a polymer solution followed by the immersion of the films in a coagulation bath to obtain the final membrane via wet phase inversion.
Reproducible film layers can be prepared, either self standing (e.g. coating directly onto glass, stainless steel, etc.) or on various substrates (e.g. nonwoven, polymeric supports, etc.). A wide range of single line and high throughput casting knives are available offering different coating thickness, ranging from 50 μm up to 1000 μm. The user can select the number of coating lines, comprised between 1 and 8.
• Includes a flat coating plate
• Easy mechanism to attach/detach the coating support, allowing fast immersion in a coagulation bath
• Automatic return of the pushing mechanism at the end of the coating length
• Optional stop of the pushing mechanism during application to determine the length of the coating
• Stainless steel 316 coating plate
• Digital display to set temperature and read the actual temperature, as well as to read the set coating (casting) speed
• One standard casting knife with 2 compartments (2 coating lines) and 4 standard coating thicknesses of 100 μm, 150 μm, 250 μm and 500 μm